Job Title: Computer Scientist/Computer Engineer Reports to: Team Lead
FLSA Status: Full-Time (Exempt) Reports to: Space Science
- To be a key member of a team that collects data, analyzes, and implements new generation scientific algorithms in space science through interdisciplinary research and development.
- Apply high levels of theoretical knowledge to solve scientific programming problems
- Define technical specifications for mathematical algorithms
- Perform object modeling for new generation science applications
- Design, build, test and implement scientific software
- Perform verification, documentation and quality assurance for new and existing software
- Support the team in the troubleshooting, enhancement and maintenance of scientific software and other systems and servers
- Produce technical reports and presentations to convey work and results to customers
- Write technical reports as required by the project
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent, with a consistently superior academic record in Mathematics and Physics
- Theoretical knowledge and experience in object modeling and C++ software development
- Experience in modeling, documentation and prototyping new algorithms
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective problem solving and debugging skills
- Attention to detail and effective time management skills
- Ability to adapt within a small team to support evolving customer requirements
- Ability to travel moderately to customer sites for technical support
- A minor or dual degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Citizenship/Security Clearance Requirements:
- U.S. Person
- May be required to obtain and maintain U.S. Government Security Clearance
About Us: Applied Optimization is a growing organization located in Dayton, OH. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary that is commensurate with qualifications and a comprehensive benefits package. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
This job description is subject to change.
To apply, please email your resume to HR@appliedo.com.