Applied Optimization Job Description
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer Reports to: Team Lead
FLSA Status: Full-Time (Exempt)
- To be a key member of an interdisciplinary research and development team that collects data, analyzes experimental data, and implements new generation scientific algorithms in the areas of mechanical engineering and material science
- Address and resolve customer problems and complaints in regards to software
- Troubleshoot problems and debug software
- Develop new functionality for software
- Maintain positive customer relations (to include project status updates)
- Produce technical reports and presentations to convey work and results to customers
- Write technical reports as required by the project
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering program or equivalent, with a consistently superior academic record in Mathematics and Physics
- Knowledge or experience in C++ object modeling and software development
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective problem solving
- Attention to detail and effective time and schedule management skills
- Ability to adapt within a small team to support evolving customer requirements
- A minor degree or dual degree in Mathematics or Physics
Citizenship/Security Clearance Requirements:
- U.S. Person
- May be required to obtain and maintain U.S. Government Security Clearance
Applied Optimization is a growing organization located in Dayton, OH. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary that is commensurate with qualifications and a comprehensive benefits package. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
This job description is subject to change.
To apply, please email your resume to HR@appliedo.com.